- 2 cups of rice
- 900g water
- 3 pandan leaves (knotted)
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tin of 300g SUNSTAR SATAY SAUCE
- After rinsing rice thoroughly, add all the ingredients into a pot, excluding SUNSTAR Satay Sauce.
- Boil ingredients over high heat for 5mins, then reduce to low heat.
- Cook on low heat until rice is almost cooked with some liquid remaining on top.
- Remove the pandan leaves, then blend the rice in a blender or mash with a potato masher.
- Stir the rice with a fork to allow heat to seep in.
- Continue to cook until rice is completely cooked.
- Once the rice is cooked, set aside to cool slightly for 10 mins.
- Line cling wrap on a baking dish.
- Transfer the rice into the baking dish and flatten the rice with spoon to a 0.5 – 1 inch thickness. Then allow to cool at room temperature or in the fridge fully.
- Using an oil-greased knife, cut the rice into cubes.
- Your Nasi Impit is ready to be served and you can eat it with SUNSTAR SATAY SAUCE.